The ProteoWizard Library and Tools are a set of modular and extensible open-source, cross-platform tools and software libraries that facilitate proteomics data analysis.
The libraries enable rapid tool creation by providing a robust, pluggable development framework that simplifies and unifies data file access, and performs standard chemistry and LCMS dataset computations.
Core code and libraries are under the Apache open source license;
the vendor libraries fall under various vendor-specific licenses.
- reference implementation of the new HUPO-PSI mzML standard mass spectrometry data format
- implementation of the new HUPO-PSI mzIdentML standard mass spectrometry data format
- modern C++ techniques and design principles
- cross-platform with native compilers (MSVC on Windows, gcc on Linux, XCode on OSX)
- modular design, for testability and extensibility
- framework for rapid development of data analysis tools
- open source license suitable for both academic and commercial projects (Apache v2)
- support for reading directly from many vendor raw data formats (on Windows)